Cardinal Building Materials is a family-owned business founded 1956. Our company started in Springfield and today has locations in St Louis and Springfield. As a local and family-owned company, we compete in the market by bringing a higher degree of customer service, work ethic, and care to our customers. We are looking to add team members that have a strong desire to deliver those values.
As a Driver for Cardinal Building Materials, you are a vital contributor to our customer service and sales efforts. You are the lasting impression that our customer will remember, being friendly and courteous is a must. This is a heavy lifting job, expect to regularly handle products with weights up to 80 pounds. The Driver is also the crew lead, whether working alone or with a helper, you are responsible for your crews actions. You must be comfortable taking control and asserting yourself with others.
As a Driver, you will also spend much of your work day assisting in our Warehouse Operations. This includes, but is not limited to, working with walk in customers, pulling customer orders and/or warehouse transfers, maintaining a bin system and following procedures to ensure accurate inventory counts.
- CDL Class A and/or CDL Class B License with Air Brake Endorsement
- Experience in completing pre-trip inspections, keeping DOT driver logs, safely tieing down loads
- Able to load and unload bundles weighing 80 lbs continuously
- No license suspensions within past 5 years
- Must submit to pre-employment drug screen and must meet acceptable standards of a criminal background check
- Must be willing and eager to work hard
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) with an employer match
We thank you for considering joining our team. If you are interested in applying, please complete our online application or come into our branch to apply. Thank you again!