Inside Sales/Customer Service
If you are a driven individual with a customer service mind-set looking to advance your career, this is the job for you!
Cardinal Building Materials has been family owned and operated since 1956. We take pride in servicing our customers as a wholesale distributor of building materials such as roofing, siding, windows, gutters and more.
In this role, you will be working directly with our customer base, in person and by phone. You will be fielding orders from quoting and entering to completion. Your focus will be on customer service and relationship building. Being friendly and courteous is a must. During all interactions, you will be looking to learn more about our customers and how you can strengthen those relationships.
We are seeking an individual with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a desire to learn and grow. This position requires the ability to handle pressure and to multi-task effectively.
Job duties Include:
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Answering incoming calls and assisting walk-in customers
- Quoting stock and custom products
- Entering sales orders
- Following up on quotes, orders
- Assisting with building customer relationships
- Generating leads via cold calling to create potential sales opportunities
- Working with warehouse and inventory team regarding orders
- General customer service
- Handling product returns
- Effectively resolving customer issues or concerns
- Restocking samples in showroom area
- Professional, positive, team player attitude
- High ethical standards
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- High energy level and ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Self-starter and independent thinker
- Strong presentation skills
- High levels of diplomacy, confidence and persuasion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic computer and phone skills
- Able to pass a drug screen and meet acceptable standards of a criminal background check
- Roofing, siding and window knowledge a plus but not required
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance (eligible on the first of the month following 60 days of employment)
- PTO Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Work Monday thru Friday with the opportunity for overtime
Why work at Cardinal Building Materials?
In addition to offering competitive pay and benefits, we are committed to furthering the career development of our employees. We believe in providing training and career development opportunities for employees who demonstrate a strong work ethic, think creatively, and manage time and projects efficiently and safely.
3634 Pennridge Drive
Bridgeton, MO 63044 USA
Full Time M-F
One Saturday 8 am-12 pm (rotation basis, average one per month). Bonus pay for working Saturdays!
READY TO APPLY? START YOUR APPLICATION NOW.