If you are a hard-working individual that can lift 50-100 pounds repeatedly and would like to advance your career, this is the job for you!
Cardinal Building Materials has been family owned and operated since 1956. We take pride in servicing our customers as a wholesale distributor of building materials such as roofing, siding, windows, gutters and more.
In this role, you will travel to the jobsite working with the CDL Driver/Crew Lead on each delivery. This includes assisting with placing materials safely and efficiently onto both the ground and rooftops. You will be a vital contributor to our customer service and sales efforts and are the lasting impression that our customer will remember. Being friendly and courteous is a must. This role also entails several warehouse duties from pulling orders to general maintenance.
Job duties Include:
- Maintain a professional, positive, team player attitude during all deliveries
- Prep loads for delivery including load/unload materials by hand and with forklift (will train)
- Safely tie down truck loads maintaining compliance of weight distribution limits
- Complete pre-trip inspections
- Operate other equipment as required (will train)
- Safely deliver orders to customers
- Work with the CDL Driver (Crew Lead) to safely determine best placement of materials (ground or rooftops)
- Delivery documentation including photos of all steps of the delivery
- Adhere to all safety protocol
- When not delivering, warehouse duties include the follow, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and stocking inventory
- Inventory counts
- Maintaining overall warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Pulling walk-in customer orders
- Handling walk-in product returns
- Pulling materials for warehouse transfers
- Professional, positive, team player attitude
- Forklift experience a plus
- Willing and physically able to work on rooftops
- Physical ability to lift 50-100 pounds repeatedly (typically 80 lb. shingle bundles)
- Able to pass a drug screen and meet acceptable standards of a criminal background check
- Prior roofing industry experience a plus but not required
- Basic math skills
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance (eligible on the first of the month following 60 days of employment)
- PTO Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Company provided work cell phone (daytime use)
- Work Monday thru Friday with the opportunity for overtime
Why work at Cardinal Building Materials?
In addition to offering competitive pay and benefits, we are committed to furthering the career development of our employees. We believe in providing training and career development opportunities for employees who demonstrate a strong work ethic, think creatively, and manage time and projects efficiently and safely.
3634 Pennridge Drive
Bridgeton, MO 63044 USA
Full Time M-F
$16-$19 per hour based upon experience
READY TO APPLY? START YOUR APPLICATION NOW.